In this article we outline the process of rebuild the Physical Standby which is out of sync from Primary.
Primary server :–
Standby Server :–
NSMDB and NSMDR
- Take full RMAN backup of primary. Create location if does not exists.
- Take a control file backup from primary.
- Copy backup pieces to standby server. Create location if does not exists on standby
- Stop and clean up standby Database files from locations
- Start the standby database instance in nomount and restore the controlfile.
- Mount the standby database, stop MRP if it is up, catalog the backup pieces.
- Now restore database.
- Need to shutdown the database.
- Start the database in read only mode.
- Restart MRP and ensure that recovery is progressing.
The below query can be used to monitor the progress of RMAN sessions performing backup/restore.
In this article we have learnt the steps to rebuild a physical standby database which was out of sync from primary database.