Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is a web service that makes it easier to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. It provides cost-efficient, resizable capacity for an industry-standard relational database and manages common database administration tasks.
Steps to create AWS RDS Instance (Oracle EE)
- Login to AWS console, click here to know more about how to login to console
- On AWS console click on RDS dashboard
- Click on Get started now, then on next page select engine
- Click on Oracle Engine to create Oracle Database Instance
- Select edition, here we are selecting enterprise edition,then another window appear where we have to provide more details, here choose license model as bring your own license
- Now choose DB version, we have selected latest version
- Now choose db instance class, we have choose DB instance class as db.r4.xlarge - this class has 4 cpu, 30 GB memory, to know more about Db instance class check this
- Provide storage type, we have selected IOPS to learn more about AWS storage type please check following link.
- Provide database settings, like DB name, master username credentials this master username we will use for connecting to database through back end.
- After specifying DB details now move next window to provide advance configuration settings, like VPC details, security group
- Provide VPC, security group, database name and port details
- Under Database options, provide database details character set, option group and parameter group
- After provide all details click on Launch DB instance
- Check progress, instance creation is in progress
- Instance created and backup is in progress
- Now Database is available for use
In this article we have learned how to Create AWS RDS Instance. We have touch base about virtual private cloud(VPC), RDS security group, DB Instance class and storage types.
Designation : Senior Database Engineer
Organization: Netsoftmate IT Solutions.