Exadata Compute nodes and storage cells come with an Integrated Lights Out Manager or simply ILOM. ILOM is an adapter card in each compute node and storage cell that operates independently of the operating system. The ILOM boots up as soon as power is applied to the server and provides web and SSH access through the management network. Using ILOM you can perform several tasks remotely that would otherwise require physical access to the servers, this includes access to the remote console, attach diag.iso image, power server on and off, and rebooting or resetting the server. Also ILOM monitors the configuration and server internal hardware components.
Steps to Mount diag.iso On An Exadata Compute Node Using ILOM Console:
- Copy/Download diag.iso to desktop machine
- Connect to the WEB ILOM as shown below
- Launch Remote Console by following the steps below
- Attach the diag.iso to Remote Console as follows
- Reboot the Server to boot from ISO image as follows
- Now the System is booting from diag.iso image
- Perform the desired action
In this article we have learned how to mount diag.iso on Exadata compute node and boot Exadata Compute node. Using ILOM you can perform several tasks remotely that would otherwise require physical access to the servers, this includes access to the console, power server on and off, and rebooting or resetting the server.